Monday, December 5, 2011

Part One-Monday

Hi I have returned. I have so much to tell. However to prevent my news becoming bigger than a novel I will break it down into different parts. Please don't get too excited, it's not the stuff of nail biting climaxes, rather some observations on my experiences.
To start with the tip to the city was as expected. I was only in the car for fifteen minutes when the pain started. The knees, feet and lower back were all pinching me very unkindly. Panadol offered no relief. There were quite a few stops so that the bloke could lift my leg out of the car and allow me to stretch it. I am so grateful for his help. My legs have lymphodema and they get worse when stuck in the car like that, very swollen and harder to move them.



Anyway we made it to the city but before we booked into the motel we had to head toward the city to pick up my ACROD permit. For those not in the know, ACROD is the organisation who organise the permits for those who have a disability of some sort to access buildings.
It took us ages to locate then find a car park in this busy suburb, but finally we had my permit. The only reason we had to pick it up was that they did not send me a renewal and so had to be reissued and it was easier to pick it up.
After unpacking the mountain of stuff the bloke went in search of a few supplies as this unit was not self contained and we needed to buy brekky and snack foods and fruits.

It was so good to stretch out in the cool of the air conditioned room.As I pondered on the upcoming appointments I wondered how I would cope with the wheelchair I had arranged to hire. I have not been able to access shops or anything much for some time and in fact we think it is about 7 years or more since I have been inside a shopping mall.

Stay tuned for part two, hopefully tomorrow, but please forgive me if I don't post as I am very tired.



1 comment:

  1. Yay, you are back! Glad you got your permit. I'm looking forward to hearing about the study. PS: Sorry I didn't answer your question via email, my silly computer wouldn't let me reply. I saw your blog doing well on the Blogchicks website. I look forward to your next instalment.

    ReplyDelete