Wednesday, November 3, 2010

It's not all a bed of roses



26 years ago
on a cool, overcast Saturday afternoon
(3.11.84)
The Bloke and I
were married in St Mathews Church
Boulder.
I was nervous, just 20 years old.
As were signing the marriage certificate
a large, black spider dropped down
and hovered above the table.
My brother who got a fright
 and not given to
a genteel vocabulary
let out a choice expletive
in the presence of the
presiding minister.
It provided light relief
from what was a quite
formal occasion.
26 years.
Five beautiful daughters
2 house moves
and here we
are.
Yes he bought me the roses
after he initially forgot
the girls called
to remind him.
I don't really mind
I am used to him by now.


I have other news and pictures but will do that tomorrow. My internet is being shaped and it is painfully slow.
Talk soon.






















1 comment:

  1. Very nice picture, and your blog as a whole is nice to watch and read. I like your blog very much. Come take a look Teuvo images www.ttvehkalahti.blogspot.com blog and tell all your friends why you should visit Teuvo Photos blog, because that may be your country's flag to rise higher in my blog .. September Sincerely, Teuvo Vehkalahti Suomi Finland

    ReplyDelete