Friday, August 20, 2010

Time to Say Goodbye


4th September 1932-13th August 2010

It's been a couple of weeks since I was last here and as you will see mum passed away on Friday 13th August at 8.30am. We had her funeral yesterday. It was a lovely service as far as they go. Short, simple and something mum would have approved of.
As per mum's wishes we had a Catholic priest perform the service at the crematorium and then she was interred this morning in the cemetary into dad's grave. Most of the family were there and it gave is some closure. But it sure feels weird. I go to call mum before remembering she's not there any more. My sister-in-law she still does this and her mother has been gone 8 years.
Oh how will we fill this hole left behind? I guess we will.
Life just goes on, another day dawns.
My friends have been a great support. Their love and caring, flowers, kind words, food are all very much appreciated. The coming together in such times makes me feel so much more connected to the rest of humanity more than ever.
It is very welcoming.
I love you mum and will do my best to achieve my goals.


I give you this one thought to keep -(This was sent to me from a friend) sorry do not know original author. 


I am with you still - I do not sleep.


I am a thousand winds that blow,


I am the diamond glints on snow,


I am sunlight on ripened grain,


I am the gentle autumn rain.


When you awake in the morning's hush


I am the swift, uplifting rush


Of quiet birds in circled flight.


I am the soft stars that shine at night.


Do not think of me as gone -


I am with you still - in each new dawn


2 comments:

  1. Jan so sad to hear of your Mum's passing although a blessing for her and all of you. You will feel a huge loss but how wonderful to have had such a special lady in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jan, was so sorry to read of your Mum's passing. A sad time for you and you have been a wonderful friend and support to her.... Best wishes... Hugz
    Fiona

    ReplyDelete