Wednesday, March 31, 2010

New Project in the Works

I have a new camera and few skills, leave it with me

Some of the pretty applique shapes waiting for their friends

Another attempt at photography


Annies Garden is the new quilt project I am embarking on. It's from the Material Obsession book 1 by Sarah Fielke and it is such a bright, pretty little thing. I am taking my time with this one, not at all like I normally would. Firstly because there is a lot of applique to make and secondly this is all I can manage lately, I seemed to have slowed down. I am trying to savour things more and not be in such a rush to get things done. I am trying to use the fabrics I have on hand without having to purchase more, I am sure I can do this, I have a few tucked away...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jan, I have found you! Ohhh, I have the book, isn't it great! Are you going to hand sew the applique or machine blanket stitch it? It will look lovely I am sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen, I am so excited that I have my first comment, by someone other than my family. lol
    I am going to use my machine for the applique, although the stems of those flowers are so thin I may have to take up the needle there. Thanks for being the first poster.

    ReplyDelete