Thursday, October 25, 2012

Post Wedding Roundup

Hello. It's five days post wedding and life for me is returning to normal. Such a big event is both physically and emotionally draining. Usually I am quick to cry but I tried hard not to get too teary, and I did well. On the morning of the big day I was wide awake at 3 am  This was not good as I knew I would be very tired by early evening. The girls all went to have their and make-up done and I was left at home getting my hair done by my hairdresser. Once they arrived home the photographer arrived to start snapping pictures. And then it was time for me to get dressed as I was going to the venue before all the girls did. The bloke also dressed in his newly purchased outfit and he did look dapper in his attire. On arriving at the beautiful gardens we soon realised that the area chosen for the ceremony was in full sun and would be too hot. This was fixed quickly by moving chairs to a lovely spot under the wide spreading, shady tree.
As family and friends gathered for the nuptials there was excitement and nerves in the air. The groom was feeling a little emotional and nervous, and I knew once my daughter, his bride arrived he would be teary. Once the celebrant started the 'walking down the aisle' music all heads turned to watch as first the bridesmaids then the beautiful, elegant bride on the arm of her proud father swept down the lovely stone path.
The lead bridesmaid, my second eldest daughter, carried baby Jacob in her arms, and gave him to his father, the groom. That made me teary; that little boy has that affect on me.
As we all watched the bride walk to her groom my heart swelled with pride. The bride looked exquisite in her simple but elegant off the shoulder dress. Lace around the neckline and little beads scattered across the dress. It also had a small train which looked superb. Her natural beauty shone through.The bridesmaid dresses looked great, with the various shades of dark and pale purple. Purple and ivory were used as the theme.

The marriage ceremony was meaningful as the couple had chosen their own vows.
The weather was perfect. It was like we had dialed in the weather conditions.

The food was lovely and consisted of roast beef and pork, roasted potato and pumpkin,  beef lasagna, fettuccine carbonara and a Greek salad. Dessert was a mini pavlova or trifle. The dancing was great to watch and I admit to feeling left out at not being able to dance, though the others did a good job. Many of the younger people were flinging their arms and legs around and having a ball.
By the time we got home it was midnight and I was very tired.
The wedding was so  much better than I imagined and most importantly the happy couple were pleased with it. So what a year this has been so far. In August I become a first time grandma and now two months later I am a mother-in-law.
Life really does go full circle.
Hope you enjoy the photos. Yes that's me with the bloke in the last pic. I am really not happy at my pictures, but wanted to add it.


  1. Jan, the photos are beautiful and everyone looked gorgeous. So pleased the day went off well for all of you. I can imagine that now though it would be like the air coming out of a balloon from having been on such a high and coming back to normal day to day events.

  2. What a beautiful, beautiful day. Every photo makes me smile at what a lovely family you have and the memories you have created and will treasure always.

    (Just had to looked *gorgeous*! In this photo I can see the sparkle in your eyes and your stunning, happy smile, full of love. It made my heart smile. :-))

  3. Oh it sounds like it was such a meaningful and wonderful day! Your daughter looks so beautiful and I can see that she looks like you! The little guy is adorable too. Thank you for sharing this piece of your family's (now) history!

  4. The photos are absolutely beautiful. You sure do have gorgeous daughters.

    It's wonderful to see growing familes:)

  5. You look wonderful, Jan. You really do. Congratulations to your daughter and your entire family!