Friday, September 21, 2012

Appreciating the small things

Happy Friday. Even though I'm not working any more I still get a buzz when Friday comes along. I am not sure why I get excited but it could be the memory of when I did work and Friday signaled the last day before I could sleep in, take the pace a lot slower, go shopping, and enjoy the almost festive feeling. So I think it is funny that after four years at home I still get the vibe.
I have to say that we have been having some very nice days weather wise. I feel more energized on the sunny, bright, but not too hot days. Spring is in the air in this part of the world, and despite the hay fever things are looking good.
I am sure for some reading these ramblings of mine they must wonder at the banality of my daily existence. I often do as well. However, if the last four years of self exclusion from my community has taught me anything, it must be to appreciate the small things. And I do.

                                                          Local flora photo by my BIL

Of course my life has become a whole lot happier with the arrival of my grandson. That little fella just melts my heart. I got to cuddle him every day this week and even looked after him on Tuesday while his mum went and did some shopping. He slept most of the time, only waking for a bottle, or two, of expressed breast milk and then went back to sleep with a contented look on his face. Ah..the bliss of a contented, sleeping baby. 



So I have a question for you now. What things do you appreciate? What do Fridays mean to you? 

Until next time, 

3 comments:

  1. To me, Friday's mean a weekend of sport ahead with my girls and having my husband home for two days - let him do some of the parenting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jodie
      That used to be my weekends when the girls were little. I must say I don't miss those weekends.

      Delete
  2. Fridays mean that I get to be totally self indulgent the next couple of days, and do things that I so enjoy... I can sleep in the next morning, I can head off and go to crochet, I can potter around in my home doing things that I love...

    I just love weekends!!!

    ReplyDelete